Sober Living Columbus, Ohio
Start your path to sobriety and wellness today.
Get The Help You Need
Sober living in Columbus, Ohio provides a steady transition for recovering individuals who have already completed a residential alcohol rehab program. Immediately returning to their environment can be difficult for many people, making sober living the best choice for a supportive, reliable climate while continuing to practice what was learned during inpatient rehab.
At Recovery Institute of Ohio, we provide sober living treatment programs for those who seek recovery from substance abuse disorders and/or mental health problems. Our sober living options provide clients with a supportive, sober home while they transition back to the “real world.”
What is Sober Living?
Sober living is shared housing with other individuals at similar stages of their recovery process and who are also sober. This shared-housing atmosphere is often ideal for giving patients a stable, successful transition out of residential treatment.
Sober living Columbus serves as a safe, sober space between an inpatient facility and the individual’s normal living environment. After receiving residential treatment, many clients choose to live in a sober living environment before immediately returning to their homes.
What is the Difference Between Transitional Sober Living and a Halfway House in Columbus, Ohio?
Sober living and halfway houses both provide drug-free and alcohol-free living arrangements, but there are still fundamental differences between these homes. Halfway houses typically limit the number of months a resident can stay there, whereas sober living homes offer more flexibility on the length of time someone can stay (assuming they adhere to the house rules and proceed to pay rent).
Additionally, halfway houses require that residents have completed an inpatient treatment program before staying in the house. While many people who live in a sober living home have already been through an inpatient program, it is not a requirement.
What are the Benefits of Sober Living in Columbus?
Adjusting back to daily life can be difficult for many during their path to recovery, especially after leaving their residential program. Sober living in Columbus, Ohio offers multiple benefits, including:
- Provides a Safe, Sober Living Environment: Each person in a sober living home is on their path to recovery and abstaining from drugs and alcohol, which creates a safe space for individuals.
- Increased Flexibility and Independence: Individuals have less structure than the residential treatment program, which presents opportunities to practice and fine-tune the inpatient addiction treatment tools.
- Offers a More Gentle Transition: Sober living encourages a continued path of sobriety but with a more phased-approach to recovery than if the individual were to immediately return back to their normal living environment (moderately increasing the exposure to potential triggers).
- Access to 12-Step Programs: Many sober living homes in Columbus, Ohio, provide access to 12-step meetings within the home, making these gatherings easy to attend.
- Provides a Support System: Sober living grants residents access to a community of other recovering individuals in similar situations, providing a supportive network during rehabilitation. This can be very encouraging for residents during their recovery process and can help to build community.
What Can I Expect From a Sober Living House in Columbus?
At Drug Rehab Ohio, while residing at our sober living homes in Columbus, Ohio, individuals have freedom and flexibility with their schedule and time. They can go to work, visit with friends, engage in social activities, and resume their everyday responsibilities. Our sober living homes do not enforce a set curfew for patients and offer group meetings within the house regularly to create a balanced recovery.
Most residents stay for a minimum of 90 days – The exact amount of time is unique for each individual based on their needs.
Who Should Move into a Sober Living Home?
Transitioning into a sober, healthy recovery environment can help patients who have recently completed a residential treatment program and do not have the optimal home environment to support their rehabilitation. Sober living can also be a good fit for those who would like a more flexible rehab program that enables them to keep going to work and maintain their employment.
Find a Sober Living Home in Columbus and Get Help Today
Are you ready for the next big step in your treatment? At Recovery Institute of Ohio, we can help you transition into a supportive home aligned with your needs.