Residential Treatment Center Ohio:
Providing Addiction Recovery
Start your path to wellness today.
Get The Help You Need
The Recovery Institute of Ohio offers residential treatment for those struggling with substance abuse and require 24-hour support. This is the highest level of care provided at our facility and offers clients access to many resources, tools, and therapies to treat multiple alcohol and drug dependency disorders in a safe, secure environment.
Our primary goal for those participating in our residential treatment program is to ensure clients have the highest quality of substance abuse treatment care there is. We provide participants a safe, comfortable facility with expert physicians, addiction specialists, psychiatrists, and licensed counselors at their disposal. At Recovery Institute of Ohio, we strive to create positive change in the lives of everyone we treat.
What is a Residential Treatment Center?
Residential treatment centers are live-in facilities that provide a variety of therapies for addiction and substance abuse. At Drug Rehab Ohio, our residential treatment program is designed to treat the whole person, not just symptoms of addiction. Our addiction treatment specialists consider all components: mind, body, and spirit of every individual and create a customized treatment plan tailored to their needs.
While attending our residential treatment program, patients participate in daily group and individual therapy sessions as well as recreational activities such as sports, art, and music classes. During this time, they learn to manage and reduce stress to avoid relapse. They are also encouraged to attend Twelve Step Program meetings.
Some of what you can expect while attending our residential treatment program is as follows:
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Discharge and aftercare planning
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation, and more
What are the Benefits of a Residential Treatment Center?
If you have a severe untreated addiction problem, our residential treatment program is probably the right option for you. At Drug Rehab Ohio, clients get the individualized care they need to properly diagnose and treat their substance use disorder. Once symptoms are managed, patients’ can step down to a lower level of care to support their recovery. That said, there is no rush to complete our residential treatment program. Long-lasting recovery requires patience and the ability to take things one day at a time.
Residential treatment offers many benefits to individuals seeking help for their addiction and substance abuse. Some benefits to expect by taking part in our residential treatment program include:
- Be surrounded by a supportive community
- Receive 24/7 care from expert addiction specialists, doctors, and psychiatrists
- Live in a safe environment free of outside distractions
- Distance from the toxic people/environments, which can eliminate triggers and provide a new perspective
- Frequent treatment sessions and activities throughout the day
- Have a variety of tools and therapies at your disposal
- Cultivate friendships with sober, supportive people
- Practice a new, healthy routine
One of the most significant benefits of seeking a residential treatment program is that you can experience well-balanced, integrated care. It’s incredibly liberating to separate yourself from your past environment and eliminate toxic people and triggering places from your life. Experiencing the distance alone is enough for some people to gain a new perspective on their recovery journey. Patients also appreciate having a variety of resources and tools available in a private setting. While participating in our residential treatment program, patients undergo regular therapy sessions and see a therapist daily – sometimes many times per day. Plus, our addiction therapists can see patients in many settings, helping them develop closer, deeper relationships rather quickly.
Moreover, residential addiction treatment gives structure and routine something fundamental when suffering from addiction. Our residential treatment program gently eases patients into a healthy routine that involves waking up and going to bed at the same time each day/night, medication times, partaking in household chores, scheduling therapy sessions, and setting aside time for relaxation.
How Does Residential Treatment Compare to Other Treatment Programs?
Our residential treatment program is the most intensive addiction treatment option we offer as it requires patients to live at our facility and receive 24/7 medical care and supervision. We strongly suggest this level of care for those battling chronic addiction or at a greater risk for self-destructive behaviors.
Once symptoms are appropriately diagnosed, and under control, a customized treatment care plan is put in action, and you can step down to a lower level of care. All addiction treatment services we offer are evidence-based and led by expert, accredited addiction treatment specialists.
Listed below are a few of the ways that our residential treatment program compares to our other addiction treatment programs – partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), and standard outpatient (OP).
- Live at our treatment facility: Perhaps the main distinction between our residential treatment program and our other treatment programs is that while in residential treatment, patients live at our treatment facility under medical supervision until they are stabilized and cleared to step down to a lower level of care. Residing at our facility allows our licensed therapists and staff to offer 24-hour care.
- Better equipped to treat severe problems: Attending outpatient treatment is a great way to strengthen your overall recovery, but it is often expected for patients to be sober to participate. If your addiction is not under control, you’ll likely need to complete inpatient residential treatment first.
- More comprehensive range of services: For those who reside at our addiction treatment center, we offer the most extensive addiction treatment services in Ohio. Along with more hours of therapy and guidance, patients’ have the added benefit of living in a safe and controlled setting.
How Effective is Residential Treatment?
Residential treatment can be a very effective treatment option for someone struggling with substance use disorder. This level of care is an ideal option for someone who has been unsuccessful with other treatment methods and needs guidance in their recovery coupled with a supportive environment that they are not offered at home. Other individuals who attend residential treatment are those who appear to pose a threat to themselves, in which case inpatient care would help provide them with a place of safety.
In most cases, residential programs help treatment providers have a more comprehensive view of the participant’s symptoms, leading to a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to encourage long-term sobriety.
Is Residential Treatment Considered Inpatient or Outpatient?
Residential treatment is considered inpatient treatment. While the overall goal of inpatient and outpatient treatment is to help individuals receive the tools they need to recover from substance use disorder, there are distinct differences between the two.
Inpatient rehab (residential treatment) is far more intensive than outpatient rehab, as it provides 24/7 care while eliminating almost all outside distractions, enabling the participant to focus solely on recovery. Inpatient rehab typically lasts 1 to 6 months, depending on the needs of the individual.
Outpatient rehab programs are one to three days per week, for approximately one to three hours each. Many individuals participate in outpatient rehab for several months, but the duration is different for each person depending on needs, history, and the recovery process.
What is the Difference Between a Sober Living Home and a Residential Treatment Center?
A sober living home is a drug and alcohol-free residence where those in recovery can reside if they choose. Though not required, most people who live in a sober living home, or group home, have completed an inpatient drug and alcohol treatment program. Sober living homes offer comprehensive support and structure that is less intense than what is being provided during residential treatment. For those in early recovery in need of a safe, clean, supportive home environment, we strongly encourage you to take a tour of our sober living facility.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of a Residential Treatment Program?
Your insurance may cover the cost of attending a residential treatment program. We recommend that you contact your insurance provider and ask them about your coverage options. For specific questions about payments, you can contact us.
Alcohol Rehab Centers and Drug Rehab Centers
Choosing the right treatment program is an important step towards recovery. Each treatment program offered at the Recovery Institute of Ohio has the same underlying goal of helping patients to live a life of sobriety but take different paths to accomplish this.
The best place to start is by identifying your expectations of what you plan to gain from addiction treatment rehabilitation and creating a plan that is right for you. Before deciding what program to attend, it can be beneficial to speak to an addiction treatment specialist to determine which program is the best fit for you.
Are You Ready to Start a Better Way of Life?
Today is a Great Day
to Be Clean and Sober.
"*" indicates required fields