Outpatient Drug Rehab Akron, Ohio:
Start your path to sobriety and wellness today.
Get The Help You Need
Outpatient drug rehab is the most flexible addiction treatment program available but requires the patient to be responsible and hold accountability for themselves as they engage in the program. Attending outpatient rehab is an excellent option for clients looking to maintain their regular routines and responsibilities such as work, school, or family obligations while participating in an addiction treatment program. Outpatient rehab participants are required to meet individually with their therapists and attend AA and NA meetings weekly.
What is Outpatient Rehab in Akron, Ohio?
In Akron, Ohio, our outpatient rehab is a substance abuse treatment program catering to those who are not required to undergo a medically-supervised detox and would benefit from emerging in a less intensive outpatient program. When participating in our outpatient drug rehab program, patients can live in their own homes, allowing them to increase their independence throughout their treatment duration while simultaneously teaching them the strategies to recognize and avoid possible substance abuse triggers.
Throughout our outpatient rehab program in Akron, Ohio, patients are required to attend individual and group therapy sessions every week and are encouraged to continue their involvement in the 12-step program.
Below is a breakdown of the various elements involved in our outpatient rehab in Akron, Ohio:
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment, if indicated
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance, if indicated
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Discharge and aftercare planning
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation, and other concerns
What are the Benefits of an Outpatient Rehab Program?
Our outpatient rehab program in Akron, Ohio, empowers individuals to continue their path to recovery while promoting their growth of independence throughout the program. Our licensed addiction specialists will help determine the most effective addiction treatment option for each client based on their specific needs and their substance abuse history.
The benefits of our outpatient rehab include:
- Lower Costs: Outpatient rehab is typically a less expensive treatment option than a residential treatment program, making it more affordable for individuals.
- Ability to Live at Home: While receiving substance abuse treatment, individuals are eligible to reside in their own homes.
- Maintain Work and Family Life: Outpatient rehab is an ideal fit for those who have responsibilities such as employment or a caretaker role. Our outpatient addiction rehab allows individuals to remain employed and maintain their caretaking responsibilities while still receiving substance abuse treatment.
- Identify Triggers: Throughout our outpatient rehab program in Akron, Ohio, individuals will learn how to identify substance abuse triggers and develop the skills to manage and avoid future triggers.
- Relapse Prevention: Individuals will learn valuable tools to help prevent a potential addiction relapse as well as identify warning signs.
- Addresses Long-Lasting Recovery: Our outpatient rehab treatment goal is to provide individuals with exceptional care tailored to their specific needs. Our program focuses on guiding each individual on their recovery journey to live a life of sobriety, health, and happiness through a variety of therapies.
How Does Outpatient Rehab Work for Drug or Alcohol Addiction?
At Recovery Institute of Ohio, our outpatient rehab program provides flexibility to those interested in a less intensive treatment program. During the initial consultation, one of our licensed addiction treatment specialists will determine the best possible treatment program for each individual based upon their specific needs and substance abuse history.
This treatment program requires clients to attend one group therapy session per week and one individual session with their therapist. Additionally, participation in the 12-step program is strongly encouraged to assist with the recovery process.
Outpatient Addiction Services in Akron, Ohio: Is Outpatient Rehab Right for You?
Outpatient rehab is designed for individuals with mild substance abuse issues and those who require a flexible program schedule to remain employed and maintain their other personal commitments, including childcare.
How Long is Outpatient Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Addiction?
The duration of our outpatient rehab programs in Akron, Ohio, varies anywhere from one to three days per week, for approximately one to three hours each. Many individuals participate in outpatient rehab for several months, but the duration is unique to each patient, depending on their specific needs, history, and recovery process.
How Do Residential Treatment Programs and Outpatient Rehab Programs Compare?
Residential treatment programs are considered inpatient treatment. While inpatient and outpatient treatment’s overall goal is to help individuals receive the tools necessary to live a healthy and sober life, there are distinct differences between the two. Inpatient rehab (residential treatment) provides a much more intensive and structured program than outpatient treatment. It allows for 24/7 care and eliminates almost all outside distractions, allowing the individual to focus solely on recovery. Outpatient drug rehab offers a flexible schedule and will enable participants to partake in their daily responsibilities such as work or school while attending weekly substance abuse treatment.