Canton Ohio Outpatient Rehab
Continue your journey to sobriety and wellness with outpatient rehab in Canton, Ohio.
Get The Help You Need
Outpatient rehab can be the pivotal solution for someone struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. The outpatient treatment program at the Drug Rehab Ohio is slightly less vigorous than our intensive outpatient treatment program and provides an excellent recovery program for individuals in rehabilitation who are transitioning from rehab to ordinary life.
While attending outpatient rehab, patients can live at home. This enables them to increase their independence during treatment, while focusing on skills and strategies for working through substance abuse triggers. Tools gained from this level of care can be utilized at various points in the recovery process, from asking for support to managing stressful situations.
Recovery Institute of Ohio offers outpatient rehab in a secure, supportive setting. Like our other addiction treatment programs, outpatient addiction treatment care provides medical attention, life skills education, nutrition education, therapy and counseling. This assures patients have everything they need to establish a strong, sustainable recovery.
What is Outpatient Rehab in Canton?
While this level of care is the most flexible when compared to intensive outpatient (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP), and residential treatment, outpatient rehab still requires full commitment from the patient. While participating in our outpatient rehab program, we require clients to remain sober and attend all treatment sessions.
The outpatient rehab program at the Drug Rehab Ohio involves one group and individual therapy session each week. Clients are also encouraged to continue their involvement with a 12-step program and attend AA and NA meetings while undergoing treatment. Patients can expect the following from our outpatient rehab program:
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and assistance with internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation, and more
What are the Benefits of Outpatient Rehab?
While participating in outpatient rehab in Canton, can clients continue their path to recovery while increasing their level of independence. Outpatient rehab is the least intense level of care, so it is not recommended for severe addictions. Instead, it’s an opportunity to take the skills patients have learned while participating in higher levels of treatments and integrate them into their daily lives while retaining structure and support. Some of the benefits of attending outpatient rehab include:
Lower Costs: Outpatient rehab is typically a lower treatment cost than a residential treatment program, and one of our most affordable options.
Less time spent in treatment: Outpatient rehab is ideal for individuals who have previously undergone more intense treatment for their addiction. These individuals are sober, have been through medical detox, and have built a foundation for continuing recovery.
Solid support network: For outpatient rehab to be most effective, clients need a strong, supportive network to turn to while not actively in treatment in Canton. We recommend our outpatient program only for those who have a strong support network at home. If you do not have this structure, you may want to consider staying in a sober living home while undergoing treatment in Canton.
Additional benefits of receiving outpatient care include:
- Maintain work and family life: Outpatient rehab is ideal for those who have responsibilities that they cannot abandon (such as work or school) or who serve as a caretaker. This treatment allows individuals to maintain their jobs and caretaking responsibilities while still receiving treatment for their substance addictions.
- Identify triggers: While participating in outpatient rehab, clients learn how to identify triggers of their substance abuse and learn to manage and avoid these triggers in the future. Individuals who are actively in treatment and have a severe addiction generally understand triggers early on and are able to strengthen their coping skills while participating in outpatient rehab.
- Solid support network: For effective outpatient rehab, clients need a strong, supportive network to turn to while not actively in treatment. Outpatient rehab is able to link each individual into the community and provide a network for individuals who are working to overcome their addiction.
Outpatient Addiction Services in Canton, Ohio: How Does it Work?
Outpatient care can be implemented at various points in the recovery process. For those who are feeling at risk of relapse or require extra support during a challenging time, outpatient rehab is often an ideal solution. This level of care is designed for individuals with less severe addiction issues that need a schedule that allows them to maintain their employment and other personal commitments, including childcare, work, school, and other responsibilities.
During a consultation at Recovery Institute of Ohio, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the best possible treatment program for you or your loved one. This assessment is based on substance abuse history and specific detox, treatment, and therapy needs. Our outpatient treatment program requires clients to attend one group session per week and one individual session with their licensed therapist. Additionally, participation in the 12-step program is strongly encouraged to assist with recovery.
What is the Difference Between Standard Outpatient Treatment and Intensive Outpatient Treatment?
The most notable difference between standard outpatient treatment (OP) and intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) in Canton is the amount of time spent in treatment. Our standard outpatient program only requires participation one to three times a week for at least one hour per day while our intensive outpatient program at the Recovery Institute of Ohio requires patients to participate in the program three to five days a week for at least three hours per day.
How Do Outpatient Rehab and Residential Treatment Programs Compare?
While the overall goal of outpatient and inpatient treatment is to help individuals receive the tools they need to live a healthy, sober life, there are distinct differences between the two and paths taken to get there.
Outpatient treatment does not require clients to live at the treatment facility to receive care and allows them to return home for family, work, school, or other obligations. The outpatient program at the Drug Rehab Ohio is extremely flexible, affordable and offers participants the opportunity to manage their responsibilities and maintain much of their regular routine while receiving the support they need. Meanwhile, residential treatment (inpatient rehab) is much more intensive, providing 24/7 care and eliminating almost all outside distractions, enabling the individual to focus solely on recovery.
How Much Does Outpatient Rehab Cost?
To learn more about outpatient rehab and the costs associated with this specific treatment program, or to discuss with one of our licensed professionals about which program is right for you, please contact us. We want to ensure you are provided with a program that best meets your specific needs.
Alcohol Rehab Centers and Drug Rehab Centers in Canton, Ohio
Choosing the right addiction rehab program in Canton is an important step towards recovery. Each treatment program offered at the Recovery Institute of Ohio has the same underlying goal of helping patients to live a life of sobriety. Which treatment is best for you will depend on your needs and goals for your healing process.
Before deciding what program to attend, it can be beneficial to speak to an addiction treatment specialist to determine which program is the best fit for you. We look forward to helping you on your journey to recovery.