Residential Treatment Center Canton Ohio
Residential treatment in Canton can be the first step to overcoming substance abuse.
Get The Help You Need
Recovery Institute of Ohio offers residential treatment for those struggling with severe levels of substance abuse. This is the highest level of care provided at our facility and provides support 24 hours per day along with access to resources, tools, and therapies. Residential treatment is suitable for multiple substance dependence disorders and provides a safe, secure environment where individuals can begin to heal.
Our primary goal for those participating in our residential treatment program is to ensure clients have the highest quality of substance abuse treatment there is. We provide participants a safe, comfortable facility with expert physicians, addiction specialists, psychiatrists, and licensed counselors to help you or your loved one create a lasting change. At Drug Rehab Ohio, sustainable recovery is our goal for every one of our patients.
What is a Residential Treatment Center?
Residential treatment centers are live-in facilities that provide a variety of therapies for severe addiction and substance abuse. At Drug Rehab Ohio, our residential treatment program is designed to treat the whole person: not just symptoms of addiction. Our treatment specialists consider the mind, body, and spirit of every individual and create a customized treatment plan tailored to their needs.
A variety of therapies and activities are used to treat all aspects of addiction. Daily group therapy and individual therapy are required, which helps get to the root issue when it comes to destructive behaviors. Recreational activities such as sports, art, and music classes can also help an individual navigate their addiction, find positive coping mechanisms, and learn to manage and reduce stress to avoid relapse. All patients are encouraged to attend Twelve Step Program meetings.
Below are several aspects of our residential treatment program that a patient may encounter when participating in treatment at the Recovery Institute of Ohio:
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Discharge and aftercare planning
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation, and more
What are the Benefits of a Residential Treatment Center?
For those who suffer from a severe untreated addiction, our residential treatment program could be the right option for you. At Recovery Institute of Ohio, clients get the individualized care they need to properly diagnose and treat their substance use disorder. Once physical symptoms are managed, patients can step down to a less intensive level of care to support their recovery. There is no rush to complete our residential treatment program! Long-lasting recovery requires patience and the ability to take things one day at a time. We encourage all of our patients to take advantage of our individualized services and to complete treatments at their own rate.
Residential treatment offers many benefits to individuals seeking help and provides a meaningful shift towards a sustainable recovery. Some benefits of our residential treatment program include:
- A supportive community
- 24/7 care from expert addiction specialists, doctors, and psychiatrists
- A safe environment free of outside distractions
- Distance from the toxic people/environments, which can eliminate triggers and provide a new perspective
- Frequent treatment sessions and activities throughout the day
- A variety of tools and therapies at your disposal
- Friendships with sober, supportive people
- A new, healthy routine
One of the most significant benefits of a residential treatment program is the well-balanced, integrated care that takes the individual out of a harmful and toxic environment. Experiencing the distance from negative habits is enough for some people to gain a new perspective and maintain a sustainable recovery journey.
Patients also appreciate having a variety of resources and tools available in a private setting. While participating in our residential treatment program in Canton, patients undergo daily therapy sessions with a licensed therapist who specializes in addiction treatment.
Residential addiction treatment at Drug Rehab Ohio provides structure; a fundamental tool needed when navigating addiction. Our residential treatment program gently eases patients into a healthy routine that involves waking up and going to bed at the same time each day/night, medication times, household chores, scheduled therapy sessions, and scheduled time for relaxation.
How Does Residential Treatment in Canton Compare to Other Treatment Programs?
Our residential treatment program in Canton is the most intensive addiction treatment option offered at the Recovery Institute of Ohio, as it requires patients to live at our facility and receive 24/7 supervision. We strongly suggest this level of care for those battling chronic addiction or at a greater risk for self-destructive behaviors. Those who have relapsed in the past, or also struggle with mental illness may also benefit from residential treatment.
Below you will find ways that our residential treatment program compares to other addiction treatment programs – partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), and standard outpatient (OP).
- Live-in treatment facility: The main distinction between our residential treatment program and our other treatment programs is that patients live at our treatment facility. Here, patients are under medical supervision until they are stabilized and cleared to step down to a lower level of care. Residing at our facility allows our licensed therapists and staff to offer 24-hour care, and is ideal for those with severe addictions.
- Equipped to treat severe problems: Attending outpatient treatment is a great way to strengthen your overall recovery, but it is often expected that patients be sober to participate. If your addiction is not under control, you’ll likely need to complete inpatient residential treatment prior to receiving any other types of addiction services.
- A comprehensive range of services: Those who participate in residential treatment receive the most extensive addiction treatment services in Canton. Along with more hours of therapy and guidance, patients’ have the added benefit of living in a safe and controlled setting, and away from outside distractions.
Once symptoms are appropriately diagnosed and controlled within your residential treatment, a customized treatment care plan is put in action catered to your specific needs and goals. All addiction treatment services we offer are evidence-based and led by expert, accredited addiction treatment specialists, with long-term recovery at the focus.
How Effective is Residential Treatment in Canton?
Residential treatment can be a very effective treatment option for someone struggling with substance use disorder. This level of care is an ideal option for someone who has been unsuccessful with other treatment methods and needs therapeutic guidance coupled with a supportive environment. Other individuals who attend residential treatment are those who appear to pose a threat to themselves, in which case inpatient care would help provide them with a place of safety until mental health and addictive behaviors can be managed.
Our residential program helps treatment providers have a more comprehensive view of the participant’s symptoms. This allows for a more accurate diagnosis and a customized treatment plan to encourage long-term sobriety.
Is Residential Treatment Considered Inpatient or Outpatient?
Residential treatment is considered inpatient treatment in Canton. While the overall goal of inpatient and outpatient treatment is to help individuals receive the tools they need to recover from substance use disorder, there are distinct differences between the two, and those who participate in an addiction program should choose a program that is the best fit for their needs and level of addiction.
Inpatient rehab (residential treatment) is far more intensive than outpatient rehab, as it provides 24/7 care while eliminating outside distractions. This enables the participant to focus solely on recovery. Inpatient rehab typically lasts 1 to 6 months, depending on the needs and progress of the individual.
Outpatient rehab programs are one to three days per week, for one to three hours each. Many individuals participate in outpatient rehab for several months, but the duration is different for each person depending on needs, history, and the recovery process.
What is the Difference Between a Group Home and a Residential Treatment Center?
A supportive environment is crucial to getting sober! A group home, otherwise known as a sober living home, is a drug and alcohol-free residence where those in recovery can reside. Though not required, most people who live in a sober living home have completed an inpatient drug and alcohol treatment program.
Group homes offer comprehensive support and structure that is less intense than what is being provided during residential treatment. For those in early recovery in need of a safe, clean, supportive home environment, we strongly encourage you to take a tour of Recovery Institute of Ohio’s sober living facility in Canton, Ohio. A caring environment surrounded by like-minded individuals can positively impact the healing journey.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of a Residential Treatment Program in Canton?
Your insurance may cover the cost of attending partial hospitalization. We recommend that you contact your insurance provider and ask them about your coverage options. For specific questions about payments, and to understand which type of program works best for your needs, we encourage you to reach out to us here.
Alcohol Rehab Centers and Drug Rehab Centers
Choosing the right treatment program is an important step towards recovery. Each treatment program offered at Drug Rehab Ohio has one goal: live a life of sobriety. The path and program used to reach this goal depend on the unique needs of every individual.
Before deciding what program to attend, it can be beneficial to speak to an addiction treatment specialist to determine which program is the best fit for you. There is hope for a meaningful life. Reach out today.