Intensive Outpatient Therapy Toledo, Ohio
Your path to outpatient recovery, improved health, and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is an addiction treatment program that is a part-time yet intensive recovery program designed to support school, work, and family. Through a wide variety of treatments, therapies, expert addiction professionals, psychiatrists, physicians, and licensed counselors, the Recovery Institute of Ohio in Toledo, OH provides patients with the tools they need to live in long-term recovery.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient treatment is a primary treatment program recommended for those transitioning from acute treatment to outpatient treatment. While participating in our intensive outpatient program in Toledo, OH, clients can live in either a sober living environment, with loved ones supportive of their recovery, or even alone if adequate support is available. Our intensive outpatient program in Toledo, OH is designed to provide rigorous treatment while maintaining patient autonomy.
Our intensive outpatient program is timed and structured to support patients with outside obligations such as work or school. Our intensive outpatient program curriculum is based on the individual needs of each person. The services provided at our Toledo IOP include:
- Medical services such as medication management and medication-assisted treatment
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Relapse preventionWellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation and more
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program?
An intensive outpatient therapy program helps individuals continue their path to recovery typically after completing residential treatment. However, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the best possible treatment program for each client based on their substance abuse history and specific needs. The effectiveness of intensive outpatient therapy (IOT) in Toledo, OH has been proved to offer many benefits, some of which include:
- Balanced Approach to Treatment: Our intensive outpatient program in Toledo, OH offers a balance between outpatient treatment autonomy and residential addiction treatment rigor. Moreover, this level of care costs less than acute treatment while offering higher levels of care than our conventional outpatient treatment program.
- Access to Medical Services: Our intensive outpatient program includes frequent access to expert health professionals, clinicians, and nursing personnel that conduct ongoing health needs evaluations and medication management during the program.
- Valuable Therapeutic and Educational Opportunities: With more infrequent clinical hours than residential treatment or partial hospitalization, our IOP provides concentrated services that allow patients the opportunity to make meaningful and sustainable developments over a comparatively short period.
Are You a Good Candidate for IOP in Toledo, OH?
IOPs in Toledo, OH can assist a wide variety of ailments. Additionally, patients that participate in intensive outpatient programs can come from many treatment backgrounds. Most patients that attend IOP transition from acute care, while others may do fine with intensive outpatient treatment as their initial treatment stage.
A good candidate for intensive outpatient treatment in Toledo, Ohio should have:
- Completed a residential or partial hospitalization treatment program
- Acquired sufficient coping skills
- Shown they are ready to actively participate in their tailored recovery program
- A long-term support system at home or in their community
For some, intensive outpatient is the first action taken toward outpatient treatment. Nonetheless, those stepping down from higher levels of care have gained valuable skills that can be put to use in a secure, supportive environment that still offers regular counseling and treatment services. Additional reasons for entering an intensive outpatient treatment program in Toledo, OH include:
- You endure a less severe addiction: Your addiction is less critical or adequately managed and does not require careful comprehensive care. Those at risk of undergoing withdrawal symptoms are a better fit for residential care.
- You are using this treatment program as part of your overarching recovery plan: Those who have completed detox and residential treatment often participate in outpatient programs as a continued source of expert addiction treatment care.
- Your most important needs are emotional support and community reintegration: Individuals who have a thorough understanding of addiction treatment and its implications may explore more motivational help from a community close to home. Those in the early stages of rehabilitation are generally eager to reintegrate back into their communities; with intensive outpatient programs, they can make a mindful transition with people also in recovery from substance use.
- You cannot commit to inpatient treatment care: Outside obligations often prevent clients from participating in residential treatment or other acute treatment programs. For some, it’s the cost of inpatient care that may be limiting. Those who cannot engage in residential care have the option to participate in an IOP to begin their recovery.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs in Toledo, Ohio Effective for Addiction Treatment?
Intensive outpatient programs in Toledo, Ohio are known to be effective for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol abuse. However, individuals with co-occurring disorders or severe addictions may be a better fit for inpatient treatment programs. Addiction specialists at the Recovery Institute of Ohio can help determine which treatment program is the ideal fit for you or your loved one.
IOPs are also known to be beneficial for individuals transitioning from residential treatment. This enables them to receive the same level of individual and group therapy sessions while slowly transitioning back to their normal life. When attending our IOP in Toledo, OH, clients attend several hours of therapy a week.
How Long is an Intensive Outpatient Program in Toledo, Ohio?
Intensive outpatient programs in Toledo, Ohio are three days per week, for approximately three hours each. Many individuals participate in IOP for several months, but the duration depends on their needs, history, and recovery process.
Alcohol Rehab Centers and Drug Rehab Centers in Toledo Ohio
Choosing the right treatment program and addiction recovery center is an important step towards recovery. Each treatment program offered at Drug Rehab Ohio has the same underlying goal of helping patients to live a life of sobriety but take different paths to accomplish this.
The best place to start is by identifying your expectations of what you plan to gain from addiction treatment rehabilitation and creating a plan that is right for you. Before deciding what program to attend, it can be beneficial to speak to an addiction treatment specialist to determine which program is the best fit for you.