Intensive Outpatient Program Findlay, Ohio
Start your path to recovery, improved health, and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
For those battling with substance abuse, Recovery Institute of Ohio offers an intensive outpatient program (IOP). An IOP is a part-time yet intensive addiction treatment program that is meant to support education, work, and family. The Recovery Institute of Ohio in Findlay, Ohio offers patients with the tools they need to live in long-term recovery through a variety of treatments, therapies, specialized addiction experts, psychiatrists, physicians, and certified counselors.
This treatment program is recommended for those who require an intermediate level of care as they transition out of residential treatment and for those who want to supplement their recovery. This program typically involves 3-5 days of involvement each week for at least 3 hours of participation each day.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
For people transferring from inpatient to outpatient care, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a great alternative. Our intensive outpatient treatment in Findlay, Ohio is designed to give regimented and focused therapy while allowing patients to preserve their independence. Unlike our residential treatment program, which provides 24/7 care, our intensive outpatient treatment services are available during defined blocks of time throughout the week.
Participants in intensive outpatient treatment frequently opt to live in a sober living environment associated with their addiction treatment clinic, with supportive friends or family, or even alone if enough emotional support is provided. The majority of IOPs are scheduled or designed to accommodate patients who have other commitments like a job or school. As a result, intensive outpatient programs are frequently offered in the evenings or on weekends.
Our intensive outpatient program curriculum is tailored to each person’s specific needs. The services provided by the IOP are:
- Medical services such as medication management and medication-assisted treatment
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Relapse prevention
Additional services provided by our IOP in Findlay, Ohio include:
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation and more
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program in Findlay, Ohio?
Years of research and experience have fully confirmed the effectiveness of intensive outpatient treatment. IOP has a number of advantages over acute care and traditional outpatient treatment:
- Balanced Approach to Treatment: Intensive outpatient programs strike a compromise between the independence of outpatient therapy and the severity of residential addiction therapy. IOPs are also less expensive than acute treatment and offer a greater level of care than traditional outpatient programs.
- Access to Medical Services: IOPs include frequent access to expert health professionals, clinicians, and nursing personnel that conduct ongoing health needs evaluations and medication management during intensive outpatient treatment programs.
- Valuable Therapeutic and Educational Opportunities: IOPs provide concentrated services that enable patients to make meaningful and sustained improvements over a fairly short period of time, with more infrequent clinical hours than residential treatment or partial hospitalization programs in Findlay, Ohio.
Those seeking recovery from substance abuse disorders and/or mental health issues may find our rigorous outpatient program to be incredibly beneficial. Through our IOPs, we aim to provide a safe, supportive environment, as well as a wide range of professional services, activities, and experiences that will empower patients on their recovery path.
Are You a Good Candidate for an Intensive Outpatient Program in Findlay, Ohio?
Intensive outpatient programs can help people with a wide range of illnesses. Furthermore, patients in intensive outpatient programs can come from a variety of therapeutic backgrounds. The majority of patients who come to IOP are transitioning from acute care, but some may benefit from intensive outpatient treatment as their first stage of treatment.
A good candidate for intensive outpatient treatment in Findlay, Ohio should have:
- Completed a residential or partial hospitalization treatment program
- Acquired sufficient coping skills
- Shown they are ready to actively participate in their tailored recovery program
- A long-term support system at home or in their community
IOP may be the first step toward outpatient treatment for many people. Transitioning from acute care, on the other hand, has provided them with vital skills that they may put to use in a safe, supportive environment while still allowing for regular therapy engagements.
The following are some more reasons to enroll in an intensive outpatient treatment program:
- You endure a less severe addiction: Your addiction is milder or more managed, and it does not necessitate multi-disciplinary treatment. Inpatient or residential treatment is a better choice for those who are at risk of experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- You’re using this therapy program as part of a long-term rehabilitation strategy: Outpatient programs are frequently used by those who have completed medical detox and residential treatment programs, in Findlay, Ohio, as a continuing source of professional addiction treatment assistance.
- Emotional help and community reintegration are two of your most pressing needs: Those who have a solid understanding of addiction and its implications may seek additional motivational support from the local community, here in Findlay, Ohio. Those in early recovery are often eager to reintegrate back into their communities; with IOPs, they can do so in a conscious manner alongside others who are also recovering from substance abuse.
- You are unable to commit to inpatient treatment: Patients are rarely able to participate in residential or other acute care programs due to work, school, or other obligations. For some people, the cost of residential therapy is a barrier. Those who are unable to participate in residential treatment can begin their recovery in an intensive outpatient program in Findlay, Ohio.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs Effective in Recovering from Addiction?
Individuals battling with drug or alcohol abuse are reported to benefit greatly from intensive outpatient treatments. Individuals with co-occurring disorders or serious addictions, on the other hand, may benefit more from inpatient treatment. The Recovery Institute of Ohio’s addiction professionals can assist you in determining which treatment program is best for you or a loved one.
Individuals transitioning from inpatient treatment programs or partial hospitalization programs are known to benefit from IOPs. Patients in an intensive outpatient program receive the same individual and group therapy sessions as those in an inpatient program, while gradually returning to their daily life.
What Does a Typical Day in an IOP Look Like?
Our intensive outpatient program begins with a needs assessment, during which a member of our staff who specializes in addiction therapy creates a unique treatment plan based on your recovery goals. After that, participants will meet 3 – 5 days per week for at least 3 hours each day. The length of time spent in therapy can be changed depending on the patient’s progress and medical needs.
Clients enrolled in our IOP attend a variety of counseling sessions. Group therapy, individual treatment, and family therapy occur weekly. All therapy sessions are led by thoroughly-trained licensed therapists or group facilitators. The following are some of the other IOP services we provide in Findlay, Ohio:
- Relapse prevention
- Nutrition and life skills education
- Medication education
- Meditation and yoga
- Stress management
Each treatment plan is personalized to the client’s strengths, weaknesses, and objectives. This is the opportunity to address any issues that may be preventing the patient from achieving long-term sobriety, including inadequate coping skills, underlying illnesses, unresolved trauma, or family strife.
How Long am I Required to Stay in an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program in Findlay, Ohio?
An intensive outpatient program does not have a predetermined duration of treatment, though patients often stay for 10 to 12 weeks on average. According to studies, those who stay in treatment for a longer period of time have better outcomes; hence, the more time you can devote to rehabilitation, the better. Our rigorous outpatient therapy program in Findlay, Ohio is flexible and accommodating, which is truly an advantage.
We want our clients at the Recovery Institute of Ohio in Findlay to live their lives, so we urge them to take on some responsibilities, whether it’s assisting around the house, working part-time, or volunteering. They can gradually reintegrate into society while having structure, support, and relapse prevention techniques at their disposal.
In summary, our outpatient treatment program is not designed to make your life more difficult. The purpose of this level of care is to assist you in reintegrating into ordinary life by providing you with the tools you need to live a healthy and productive life free of drugs and alcohol.
How Does an Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program Differ from Other Programs?
Our intensive outpatient treatment program is a sort of substance abuse therapy in which clients come to our facility 3 – 5 days a week for several hours each day. Because clients spend more time in therapy and other treatment services such as medication instruction, meditation, yoga, nutrition education, life skills education, relapse prevention, and more, it is more rigorous than our basic outpatient program. Unlike residential treatment, clients are not obligated to reside at our treatment center in Findlay, Ohio.
Alcohol Rehab Centers and Drug Rehab Centers in Findlay, Ohio
Choosing the right addiction treatment program is an important step towards recovery. All of the treatment programs at Drug Rehab Ohio have the same overarching objective of assisting patients in living a sober life, but they go about it in different ways.
The ideal place to begin is by determining your expectations for what you hope to gain from addiction therapy therapy and developing a strategy that is tailored to your needs. It can be useful to speak with an addiction treatment specialist before picking which program to attend to discover which program is the best fit for you.