Intensive Outpatient Therapy Dayton, Ohio
Your path to outpatient recovery, treatment, and improved health, and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
Recovery Institute of Ohio’s intensive outpatient program in Dayton, Ohio, also known as IOP, is an intensive treatment program that is offered part-time to accommodate individuals that need to maintain their outside work and family obligations. Our goal is to provide patients with the tools they need to live a healthy and sober life with our expert and professional clinical team and a wide range of therapy sessions.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient treatment is a program recommended to specific individuals by our clinical and medical assessment. IOP may work best for those who do not need a medically-supervised detox. In IOP, patients can continue their recovery therapies and live outside of our treatment facility. Each individual must attend group therapy sessions three times per week, meet individually with their therapist every week, and are encouraged to continue their involvement in our Twelve Step program. Below is a breakdown of services provided in our intensive outpatient program in Dayton, Ohio:
- Individual, Group, and Family Therapy with Clinical Staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your Primary Therapist
- Medication Management and Psychiatric Assessment, if indicated
- Wellness Center Activities (Stress Management/Recreational Therapy)
- Art and Music Therapy
- Job Readiness Participation and Internet Job Searches
- Job Applications/Resumes and Coaching for Job Interviews
- Life Skills
- Anger Management/Aggression Control and Domestic Violence Groups
- 12 Step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment Phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing Assistance, if indicated
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Discharge and Aftercare Planning
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation, and other concerns.
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program?
An intensive outpatient therapy program in Dayton, Ohio, helps individuals continue their path to recovery typically after completing residential treatment. However, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the best possible treatment program for each patient based upon their substance abuse history and specific needs. The benefits of our IOP include:
- Lower Costs: Intensive Outpatient Programs in Dayton, Ohio are typically lower in cost than an inpatient treatment program, making it more affordable for individuals.
- Ability to Live at Home: Individuals can live at home while receiving treatment.
- Maintain Work and Family Life: Our IOP in Dayton, Ohio allows individuals to maintain their jobs and caretaking responsibilities while still receiving personalized treatment for their addiction.
- Identify Triggers: Individuals learn how to identify triggers of their substance abuse so that they can manage and avoid these triggers in the future.
- Relapse Prevention: Individuals learn valuable tools for preventing potential relapse and identify warning signs.
- Addresses Long-Lasting Recovery: The goal of our IOP is to provide individuals with customized care through a variety of therapies focused on building the foundation for them to live a sober, happy life.
What is the IOP Level of Care?
IOP care is one level above a standard outpatient addiction treatment program in Dayton, Ohio, and typically requires individuals to attend nine hours of weekly treatment sessions. This treatment program is considered an ideal option for those looking for an alternative to residential treatment.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs in Dayton, Ohio Effective for Addiction Treatment?
Yes, intensive outpatient programs in Dayton, Ohio, are known to be effective for individuals battling substance abuse. However, individuals with co-occurring disorders or severe addictions might need to start with an inpatient treatment program. Our addiction specialists can help determine which treatment program is an ideal fit for you or your loved one.
Our intensive outpatient program is also an effective program for individuals looking to transition from a residential treatment program. This allows them to receive the same therapy sessions while slowly transitioning back to their everyday lives.
How Long is an Intensive Outpatient Program in Dayton, Ohio?
At Drug Rehab Ohio, our intensive outpatient program in Dayton requires individuals to attend treatment three days per week, for approximately three hours each. Many individuals participate in IOP for several months, but the duration depends on their needs and substance abuse history.