Intensive Outpatient Program Cleveland, Ohio
Your path to outpatient recovery, treatment, and improved health, and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
Our intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, Ohio, also known as IOP, is an intensive part-time addiction recovery program created to accommodate our patient’s work and family responsibilities. Through extensive therapies and expert addiction specialists, psychiatrists, physicians, and licensed counselors, we provide clients with the tools they need to live a sober life.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient treatment is a primary treatment program recommended in some circumstances by a clinical and medical assessment. IOP may be suggested for use by patients who do not require a medical detox. In IOP, clients can sustain their recovery therapies following a successful detox and live outside of Recovery Institute of Ohio. Individuals will complete therapy sessions three times per week, meet individually with their therapist weekly, and are encouraged to continue involvement with a Twelve Step program.
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation and more
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program?
An intensive outpatient therapy program in Cleveland, Ohio, allows patients to continue their recovery, typically after finishing their residential treatment. However, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the ideal treatment program for each client based on their drug or alcohol abuse history and specific needs. The benefits of IOP include:
- Lower Costs: Intensive outpatient programs in Cleveland, Ohio, usually cost less than residential treatments because patients can reside in their homes.
- Ability to Live at Home: Patients can live at home while undergoing treatment.
- Maintain Work and Family Life: An intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, Ohio, is ideal for those who have work responsibilities that they cannot leave or are a caretaker. IOP empowers our clients to maintain their jobs and caretaking responsibilities while still participating in their drug or alcohol addiction treatment.
- Identify Triggers: Patients discover how to recognize triggers of their addictions to regulate and avoid these triggers in the future.
- Relapse Prevention: Individuals learn valuable tools for preventing potential relapse and identify warning signs.
- Addresses Long-Lasting Recovery:The purpose of IOP is to equip individuals with the specialized attention they need through a variety of therapies to help them return to live a sober, happy life.
As a comprehensive addiction treatment center, Drug Rehab Ohio aims to help individuals seeking recovery from substance abuse disorders or mental health problems. Through our intensive outpatient program in Cleveland, we provide our patients with a reliable, safe, and supportive environment and a wide variety of professional services, activities, and experiences that will empower them in their journey towards success.
What is the Level of Care in IOP Cleveland?
IOP care is one level above a standard outpatient program in Cleveland, Ohio and typically requires individuals to attend nine hours of treatment sessions on a weekly basis. This treatment program is considered a good option for those looking for an alternative to residential (inpatient) treatment.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs in Cleveland, Ohio Effective?
Yes, intensive outpatient programs in Cleveland, Ohio, are an effective resource for combating addiction in many cases. However, individuals with co-occurring disorders or severe addictions may be required to attend an inpatient treatment program. Our addiction specialists can accurately determine which treatment program is an ideal fit for you or your loved one.
IOP is also known to be effective for individuals looking to transition from their residential treatment program. This permits them to receive the same level of individual and group therapy sessions while slowly transitioning back to their everyday life due to IOP patient’s ability to continue attending regular treatments and tend to their responsibilities.
How Long is an Intensive Outpatient Program in Cleveland, Ohio?
Intensive outpatient therapy (IOP) may last for several months, depending on each patient’s needs, history of substance abuse, and recovery progress. While in IOP, our clients will attend rehabilitation three times per week, each visit lasting approximately three hours.