Intensive Outpatient Program Akron, Ohio
Your path to outpatient recovery treatment, improved health, and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
Recovery Institute of Ohio’s intensive outpatient therapy in Akron, Ohio, is an intensive yet part-time treatment program created to accommodate both work and family commitments. With the help of our professional and expert addiction specialists, psychiatrists, physicians, and licensed counselors, our goal is to provide individuals with the proper tools needed to live a healthy, happy and sober life.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Our intensive outpatient treatment program in Akron, Ohio, is recommended to individuals who may not need a medically-supervised detox determined after a clinical and medical assessment is completed. During our intensive outpatient program (IOP), patients can continue their recovery therapies while residing outside of our facility. Individuals must attend group therapy sessions three times per week and meet individually with their therapist every week. We also encourage each individual to continue their involvement in a Twelve Step program. Our intensive outpatient program includes:
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Discharge and aftercare planning
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation and more
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program in Akron?
Recovery Institute of Ohio’s intensive outpatient therapy program in Akron, Ohio, helps individuals continue their path to recovery after completing a residential treatment program. However, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the most effective treatment program for each individual based upon their substance abuse history and specific needs. The benefits of IOP include:
- Lower Costs: Intensive outpatient programs in Akron, Ohio, are typically lower in cost than inpatient programs, providing a more affordable treatment option for individuals.
- Ability to Live at Home: Our intensive outpatient program gives individuals the flexibility and ability to live at home while undergoing treatment.
- Maintain Work and Family Life: In Akron, Ohio, IOP is an ideal fit for those who must maintain their job or caretaker responsibilities by enabling them to do so while receiving substance abuse treatment.
- Identify Triggers: Individuals learn how to identify triggers of their substance abuse to manage and avoid these triggers in the future.
- Relapse Prevention: Individuals learn valuable tools to prevent a potential relapse and to identify warning signs.
- Addresses Long-Lasting Recovery: Our IOP’s goal is to provide individuals with customized care through a variety of therapies that encourage a life of long-term sobriety.
At Recovery Institute of Ohio, we offer treatment programs to those who seek recovery from substance abuse disorders and/or mental health problems. Through our intensive outpatient therapy program, we strive to provide you with a safe, secure, and supportive environment with a wide range of professional services, activities, and experiences that will empower you in your journey towards recovery.
What is the IOP Level of Care?
The level of care within IOP is one level above a standard outpatient rehab program in Akron, Ohio. It typically requires individuals to attend nine hours of treatment sessions every week. This treatment program is considered a good option for those looking for an alternative to a residential treatment program, also known as an inpatient treatment program.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs in Akron, Ohio Effective for Addiction Treatment?
Yes, our intensive outpatient program in Akron, Ohio, is known to be an effective treatment option for individuals battling drug or alcohol addiction. However, individuals with co-occurring disorders or severe addictions may need to begin with an inpatient treatment program. Our addiction treatment specialists can help to determine which treatment program is the beneficial option for you or your loved one.
IOP is also effective for individuals looking to transition from their residential treatment program to a less intensive treatment program. This allows them to receive the same level of individual and group therapy sessions while slowly transitioning back to their everyday life as those in an IOP can attend several hours of therapy per week.
How Long is an IOP in Akron, Ohio?
At Drug Rehab Ohio, our intensive outpatient programs require patients to attend three days of treatment per week, for approximately three hours each. Many individuals participate in IOP for several months, but the program duration varies depending on each individual’s unique needs, history, and recovery process.