Intensive Outpatient Therapy Columbus, Ohio
Your path to outpatient recovery treatment and improved health and wellness.
Get The Help You Need
Also known as IOP, our intensive outpatient program in Columbus, Ohio, is the optimal solution for intensive, part-time treatment that allows you to maintain work and personal responsibilities. Through a wide variety of therapies and the support of our expert addiction specialists, psychiatrists, physicians, and licensed counselors, we equip our patients with the tools needed to live a sober, addiction-free life.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) is an addiction treatment or alcohol rehab program that may be an ideal recovery option suggested by a professional and licensed addiction specialist after one has completed a clinical and medical assessment. IOP can be most effective for patients who do not need a medically supervised detox and do not require 27/4 supervision and care. Clients in IOP are expected to attend group therapy sessions three times per week, meet with their therapist every week, and are encouraged to continue involvement with a Twelve Step program.
- Individual, group, and family therapy with clinical staff
- Weekly individual sessions with your designated primary therapist
- Medication management and psychiatric assessment (if needed)
- Wellness center activities (stress management/recreational therapy)
- Art and music therapy
- Job readiness participation and internet job searches
- Job applications/resumes and coaching for job interviews
- Life skills development programs
- Anger management/aggression control and domestic violence groups
- 12 step meeting list and schedules (AA, NA, etc.)
- Employment phase (treatment schedule is adjusted for clients who work)
- Housing assistance (if needed)
- Random UA/breathalyzer tests
- Case management for legal, medical, education, employment, transportation and more
What are the Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program?
An intensive outpatient therapy program in Columbus, Ohio, allows patients to continue their path to recovery typically after completing a partial hospitalization program. However, a licensed addiction specialist will determine the most beneficial treatment program for each client based on their substance abuse history and specific needs. The benefits of IOP include:
- Lower Costs: Intensive outpatient programs in Columbus, Ohio, can be a more cost-effective solution for addiction recovery due to the patient’s ability to live in their own home.
- Ability to Live at Home: Our IOP patients can live at home while undergoing treatment.
- Maintain Work and Family Life: An intensive outpatient program in Columbus, Ohio, is optimal for patients with personal or professional obligations that cannot be put on hold. IOP enables individuals to maintain their jobs and caretaking responsibilities while still receiving frequent treatment sessions for their substance abuse.
- Identify Triggers: Our clients learn to identify and manage triggers of their alcohol and drug abuse so that they can mitigate future issues.
- Relapse Prevention: Individuals learn valuable tools for preventing potential relapse and identify warning signs.
- Addresses Long-Lasting Recovery: The purpose of IOP is to equip our patients with the customized care they need through a variety of therapies for them to live a sober, happy life.
Recovery Institute of Ohio is a multidisciplinary addiction treatment facility in Ohio offering substance abuse treatments to those who seek recovery from substance use disorders or mental health problems. During our intensive outpatient therapy program, our staff is dedicated to providing a safe, structured transition into your addiction-free life with continued support after completing a partial hospitalization program.
Is Intensive Outpatient Therapy in a Columbus, Ohio Right For Me?
Recovery Institute of Ohio’s IOP treatment is the second most extensive level of care provided. This addiction treatment program’s structure and support allow patients to focus on recovery without residing at the rehabilitation facility. Ask our addiction specialists if this method of treatment is the right choice for you.
Are Intensive Outpatient Programs in Columbus, Ohio Effective?
Yes, intensive outpatient programs in Columbus, Ohio, can be highly effective for clients who need assistance with drug and alcohol abuse. However, individuals with co-occurring disorders or severe addictions may need the additional support of an inpatient program. Our addiction specialists will outline the most effective rehabilitation program for you or your loved one.
IOP allows patients to take a positive step forward after completing a residential addiction treatment program. This allows our patients to sustain the same level of personal and group therapy sessions while gradually returning to their everyday life as it requires IOP patients to continue attending several hours of therapy weekly.
How Long is an Intensive Outpatient Program in Columbus, Ohio?
At Drug Rehab Ohio, participants of our intensive outpatient program in Columbus attend the program three days per week, for roughly three hours per session. However, the overall duration of our IOP treatment will be determined by the patient and their drug abuse history, needs, and progress thus far.